Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stepping In-The Anointing of God






This is from a note I posted on Facebook on the 25th of August...


I was really thinking about the Anointing of God on the way home today and God put in my spirit that we can never do anything to its full potential without acknowledging the anointing that we have. We try so hard to make things happen, but when something falls through, we wonder why. Perhaps it's not because it wasn't meant to be, but rather because we didn't acknowledge the anointing that God has given us as believers. 

The Bible says that unto each man is given a measure of faith, the same goes for the anointing of God. Whatever we do, washing dishes, laundry, homework, our Jobs, everything apart from sin carries the anointing of God on it. Not only that, but once we acknowledge the anointing, we are given the Grace we were meant to have to do whatever it is that we are doing. So if acknowledge the anointing on my homework, I receive the Grace I need to carry it through!

This year at school, God told me that I have a brand new anointing on my mind and on my school work. And as I pray that I am able to stay in the anointing, and as I ACKNOWLEDGE the anointing, I have noticed that my attention span is noticeably increased, I am doing my homework, I care more about my grades, and all because I have started to acknowledge the anointing I have been given!

The same goes for uncertainty and fear in something that you have to do, when we tap into that wondrous anointing of God, fear has to flee, it has no hold anymore!! 

The anointing of God brings POWER to the believer...that is what the anointing of God is for. To give power. The Holy Spirit also helps us in this arena! Acts 1:8 in the Amplified Bible reads:
But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.


I love this verse! And I personally believe that both Acknowledging God AND his Anointing brings about a change introduced by the Holy Spirit and gives us exactly what the verse above tells us he will bring!


I believe whole-heartedly that there are situations in mine and your lives that we could REALLY use a revelation of the Anointing of God in!! 


**If we acknowledge the anointing of God in all we do, then what we do will be anointed for other people**

There is a lot in this note that I didn't already have prepared so I KNOW it's from the Lord :)

Much Love

Drew

2 comments:

  1. Drew, It is always a blessing to me to read & watch your video's.You are a wonderful,awesome man of God and I am excited about what God is doing in your life !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!! Thank you so much Vickie!!!!

    ReplyDelete