Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Revive Us Again+My Testimony

This is something that has really been on my heart the past few days, and I figure that it will make a good first blog post :)


There is a song that is almost universally known among Christians who listen to Contemporary Christian Music, that song is called "Hosanna" sang by Brooke Fraser of Hillsong. 


There is a verse in the song that says:


 "I see a generation, rising up to take their place, with selfless faith, selfless faith. I see a near revival, stirring as we pray and seek, we're on our knees, we're on our knees"


I have said this on Facebook a few times, and I am having difficulty impressing upon people what exactly I am feeling. Which I guess is why no one ever responds to it when I mention it. 


What I feel is this: There is a HUGE revival coming to this nation, and it will be through teenagers and young adults like myself that are going to usher it in. A generation that through the sex, drugs and alcohol, will emerge from the ashes with our banners in the air. 


My name is Drew B. I am 19 years old and I am in my second year of college. For obvious reasons, I'm not giving my last name or college. I have been a christian for a little over two years now and I am hoping to one day become a youth evangelist. I am taking advantage of Social Networking such as blogging and YouTube to kick start my ministry and share the greatness of an Almighty, All Powerful, Loving God.  


I have a past that I am not the least bit proud of, but it's there. I was delivered from homosexuality. I don't speak about it a lot, I haven't even mentioned it on YouTube yet, however I feel the time is coming when I will have to. But I don't want people reading this and not know who I really am.  God has delivered me from so much, and it is only by his grace that I am here today. Not even a week before I got saved, I tried to overdose on painkillers. I prayed to God that I wouldn't wake up, and when I did, I felt like a failure. But I am so glad that I was spared and brought out of the rubble that was my life at the time. I was involved heavily with Witchcraft and the Occult, because I wanted to be in control of my life. That led me to being possessed by a Demon that was cast out of me the night I got saved. It's a very, very sticky things to come from the things I have came from, but God is still God through it all...So that is my testimony..now onto the rest of the blog.


There are two definitions of Revival that I really like..
1. An improvement in the condition or strength of something
2.An instance of something becoming popular, active, or important again. 


When you think of Revival, please don't associate it with a for or five day series of sermons from some evangelist. Revival is SO MUCH MORE!! 


The first definition of revival is to improve the condition or strength of something. In this case we are talking about the revival of our Spirits and of our relationship with God. It renews our strength and gives us hope and joy. The Christian life is not easy, it was promised to be the exact opposite. And there are times where we are so tired in the Spirit and are confused and wondering why things are going wrong. I was at this point last night, wondering why I was facing what I was facing. But I started praying and while I was listening to "Hosanna" the verse listed above started and I felt the presence of God. Pure, Raw and Reviving, he revived my Spirit and gave me hope and peace to know that all things are in his hands. So no matter what you are facing, no matter how far you feel you have fallen, you are never too far from God. You can always be Revived :)


The second definition says that Revival is the instance of something becoming important again, or active again. This is where we see the ones who have fallen away from the things of God and those who have turned back and have started to revert back the ways of the world. 
This type of Revival is for those people. When the Holy Spirit gets a hold of them and they repent from their backslidden state. They are revived and God becomes important to them again, they feel their spirits kick into action again, and on back on fire for God. I have also experienced this type of Revival. Even thought I was a Christian, I fell away from God, I went back to my past,to the place I never wanted to go because I felt lonely, forsaken and unloved. But once I turned back to God, I had never experienced such a newness in my spirit or restoration in my walk with God. So if you are reading this, and you have fallen away from God, please turn back to him...He loves you, He wants you to be revived with his Spirit and with his Love.


I think of Revival also as bringing someone back to life after they have flat-lined. God gives us life when we become Christians, he gives life and meaning to this walking corpse and breathes into us the very breath of God...


I hope this post has touched you :)


In Christ,


Drew B.





No comments:

Post a Comment