Thursday, January 12, 2012

Praise Perspective







Everyday on the way to school, I drive by a place that has some particularly painful memories. And everyday Satan bursts into my mind and brings back things I have tried to bury. I have noticed though, that when I am listening to Praise and Worship music and just praising God, that often times I don't even think about it until after I have driven by it. It has happened several times and it really just amazed me the power that Praise has!

I was thinking about it today and God really opened it up to me that Praise moves us past our hurt, our failures, our temptations and trials and it moves us into a state of protection in the Spirit. Not only that but it opens our hearts to recieve from the Holy Spirit that which will help us overcome and the strength to carry on. I heard Joyce Meyer say on several occassions that the most powerful weapon in our spiritual arsenal is praise!

Another aspect of Praise is that of a retaliation against the enemy by the presence of the Almighty God. For instance, I struggle a lot in my mind and in my thought life. But I have learned that just rebuking the thoughts aren't enough. That I have to usher in the presence of God with my praise and where God is, Satan CANNOT be! It is amazing what sincere praise can accomplish!!


In Christ,

Drew :D

No comments:

Post a Comment